Recently I’ve been working on easy, simple recipes. I wanted to create something you can make within reasonable time, quite easily without going crazy gathering lots of ingredients you don’t normally have at home. Also, haven’t you been ever disappointed when you found a recipe for something you really wanted to eat, but it turned out it had to be prepared a day ahead?
Of course, sometimes it’s necessary. And in those cases it’s normally worth it. But sometimes we need the dessert for this afternoon, for whatever the reason is. That’s why I like muffins (and cupcakes) because they don’t require a lot of difficult preparations and they are baked in 25 minutes.
So I came up with this recipe for chocolate chip muffins. I call them triple chocolate because they contain cocoa and then dark chocolate chips and ruby chocolate chips. Ruby chocolate is quite new and it’s really delicious, but don’t worry if you don’t have it, you can simply use white or milk chocolate. Or any kind of chocolate you prefer.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
For 12 muffins we need
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 table spoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspon xanthan (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (not completely full) cup milk or yoghurt
- chocolate chips of your choice
- I normally use my walnut rule, like for example in this recipe. Here I increased the amount of walnuts to be the same as the amount of flour. I did it to balance the presence of cocoa powder in the batter.
- If you are looking at the picture of the ingredients and have a feeling it’s different from the recipe, it’s because I was making smaller amount of muffins, so don’t get confused please 🙂
- I put xanthan gum as “glue” but if for example you cannot eat it, just omit it.
- The amount of chocolate chips depends on you. I used approx. a handfull of chocolate chips (in total) for 8 muffins.
How to bake it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare muffin liners in the muffin tin.
- In a bigger bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: flour, ground walnuts, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder and xanthan (if you’re using it).
- In another bowl, whisk wet ingredients: first eggs and milk (or yoghurt) and then add the oil and combine.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or spatula until you create smooth batter.
- Add chocolate chips and combine all together.
- Using a spoon, divide the batter into the muffin forms and bake for about 25 minutes.
That’s how easy it is! The best is to eat them fresh, when the chocolate chunks are still a bit melted. But they are really good anyhow 🙂 With an afternoon cup of coffee or tea or as a sweet breakfast. Enjoy!
I’ll be happy to hear any feedback from you, if you decide to bake them or if you have any questions. Just leave a comment!
Pingback: Triple chocolate muffins — Best Baker in Town | homethoughtsfromabroad626